Location: This property is located at the base of the Sugar Loaf Mountain Range in Southeast Oklahoma in a very remote and secluded wilderness type setting surrounded by miles of privately owned timberland. The property is about 8 miles east of the city of Poteau, OK and 20 miles southeast of the city of Fort Smith, Arkansas. Oklahoma City is about a 3 hr drive and Dallas, Texas is about a 4.5 hour drive.
Services to Property: None
Access to Property: Property has legal access off a farm to market county road. Property is located behind a locked gate for security. All portions of the property can be access by an impressive internal network of logging roads and side-by-side trails.
- South-eastern Oklahoma timberland investment opportunity along with great hunting for whitetail deer, eastern turkey, wild hog, black bear, squirrel, rabbit and other small game.
- This property has been managed and leased by a group of local hunters for several years. The new owner could realize some yearly income by leasing the hunting rights.
- This property has been owned and extensively managed by a major timber Investment Company for several years. There are approximately 40 acres of planted improved genetic pine timber that is 2 to 4 years old. The timber has been harvested off the balance of the acreage which has naturally regenerated with a mix of pine and hardwood timber. Check with your accountant for the tax advantages of a timber farm.
- Property terrain varies from flat to gently sloping with mountain top setting providing scenic valley and mountain views.
- Property has legal access off a county road and has a locked entrance gate for security. All portions of the property can be accessed by an impressive network of internal logging roads and side-by-side trails.
- There are several level spots on this property where an off-grid type cabin could be constructed.
- Property is located in a very remote and secluded wilderness type setting surrounded by miles of privately owned timberland.
- A seasonal mountain creek flow through the property.
- Short drive to fishing and boating at Lake Wister State Park, Cedar Lake, Poteau River, Post Mountain Lake and Lake Sardis.
List Price: $144,000
Property Taxes: Estimated at $120 per year
Owner Financing: Owner financing is available for this property.